Saturday 14 June 2008

guest editors pick a thankyou

its been a quiet week really,mum has  got a lot of pain in her toe,  my ankle and foot is killing me,   so i have been resting it.   well,for  me its resting.lol  did   cut grass  and  did bit in garden.   mums visitor  came thursday  and i went to wells, rather  cool though  so did'nt  stay long.

i want  to say thankyou  to  mary   Just Mary   who is the guest editor  this week,   pam  sent  me email congratulating  me  so i went on magic smoke and looked.   she  has  written a touching  entry.   and i am grateful to her.   thankyou.      but  i want to just  say something,   i  consider it a privilege  to care  for  my mum,   it's never  a chore,  and  i am by no means  unique in what  i do.  ok,it don't make it easier  that i am not well myself,   but  there are  many  thousands  of people  who care for a parent,  child,  brother,sister   etc.   and  who never  get  any  kind of recgonition.   so i am sharing  this  with  them.    anyone  who thinks   it is easy  needs  to try  it,  it's  24/7   365 days of the year,  the pay  is crap        lol       but  the rewards?    well,  i  am just  paying  mum  back,  for  all she has  done  for me in the past.     i have  already   been rewarded.  55 years  of  being  her  son.   

one last thing    there  is a new  journal  by  dee,   if  you are  into fish   pay her a visit,   i think she will be grateful  for any comments,  Fishkeeping by an Ex expert   she has  just  started  this,  very   short  entries,so  why  do i mention  it?   well,  i know  how it felt when i started  this,   lot  of entries  had  no comments,   and  you  feel        is  it worth it?  no-one  will be interested.    and  i think  she has  what it  takes  to  become  a  really interesting   journal  writer.   so  go on,pay her a visit.       its a decent day  here,   sunny  but a cool wind,  so i shall get on  and  do a bit  in garden i think.  take care  all

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your attitude about being a care-taker to your mum is fabulous Mort.  Yes, there are a lot of people who care for someone else, but I wonder how many have your attitude about it.  You are a good man and I am thankful to get to know you a bit.  Have a nice weekend and take care of that foot.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh Mort what lovely things to say ,Im sure your Mum realises how special you are ,dont over do it this weekend ,have a good one  ,love to you both ...Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ok so now I can't see the screen for blubbing! lol. Good job I haven't just slapped on my war paint or my desk would be multi-coloured!!. On a serious note, my fav other man....To me you will always be unique, not because of what you do, but because of who you are. You shine as bright as the sun In my world. ;-)Congratulations Mort. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mort .....gosh this entry really hits the heart.   I know exactly what you mean when you say its a priviledge to look after your Mum.  When you love someone so much it certainly isn't a task, but of course not every carer has that same view, in fact some have it very hard caring for someone who is not at all greatful......you and your Mum are both special.   Have a nice weekend and look after that ankle.
Luv Jaynee X

Anonymous said...

Firstly congratulations on being a "Guest Editor Pick" truly deserved, you doso much for your lovely mum plus all the other stuff you do gardening, cooking, even though not in the best of health yourself. You do a sterling job Mort, like you say the rewards are great you and your mum are happy.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Yes Mort, it is satisfying, but hard work to take care of anyone  who can not raise themselves., from a chair, bed or any where.  I know from trying to help my 6 ft.son but I  did it and  am just so glad I could.  If you care to you caN LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF MY jOURNAL that I did yesterdaY.  i WROTE THAT after I reaD YOUR COMMENT.about life and death.  I hope that will make you realize  I was not being flippant.  You run out of how to cope after a time. or number, some to young and some to violent.  Lucy

Anonymous said...

I remember when I cared for my mom how hard it was. It WAS 24/7! I likened it to caring for a baby, except much harder because you are dealing with an adult body and it's harder to move. I gotta give you credit Mort...you are a wonderful son to her and she is lucky!
Hope you have a good day.
Love, Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Caught up with you at last Mort, I had lost the link to your blog so I am putting you back on alerts.  Congratulations on being picked by the guest editor.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Yes, many people are currently caring for a parent. But with your medical problems, great sense of humor, gardening abilities & selfless love? Not quite.  You are a gift. :-) ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi MOrt,  You are one of the best of carer's and never forget that..there are carer's and carer's !!  I am still feeling completely empty but felt if I came on here I might be able to "get away" for a wee while.   There are so many folks worse of than oursleves....just dosn't feel like it sometimes does it.   Love for now Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Been lovely weather here too Mort, and my garden is bursting with colour. Must try to get some pics.

Thanks for the advert my friend.

All the best to you and your mum xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Mort how lovely you were picked by the Guest Editor ~ that is very well deserved ~ hope your Mum's toe and your ankle are feeling better ~ your Mum is so very Lucky to have you ~ I am sure she knows that ~ glad her visitor is still calling in to see her and you got some time out at Wells ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

have a good week girl and enjoy your gardening
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

What a touching story of your Dad Mort, thank you for sharing. We all have rows with our parents but they still loved us and knew we loved them.  I was in my forties when I lost my father, nursed him through Alheimzers  for the last five years of his life and it was awful to see him become a caricuture of the man he had been and his so intelligent brain become mush. At least your father did not have to suffer that.  By the way, where did you get that wonderful zodiac graphic on your sidebar?  I would love one with my birthsign.