Thursday 11 August 2011

worrying times.

Well,as many of you will have seen on Facebook,and i must thank the many friends for their comments,emails and messages on there,I have more problems. first back,the scan results came back tuesday,the scan shows that my back is basically........well,not good,lol.but,it hasn't got any worse,so that is good,and i will not be having any operation in the forseeable future,just be sensible,and keep taking painkillers and exercise.the op.to fuse the vertebra is too dangerous to consider while i am able to move ok.thats the good news.




Now for the bit that has turned things upside down. Yesterday i went back to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital about my voice.appointment was 3.40,but it was 4.10 before i was called in.another Dr.saw me,asked how i was feeling,noted my voice seems stronger,then came the dreaded camera up nose bit.left nostril this time.and much longer examination.and i felt it scrape my throat,right at the back.then it was removed,and the Dr said,your throat,very swollen. now,i know its swollen.has been for ages,going right back when i had tonsil removed. but this time the Dr.seems concerned.felt all round glands at back and side of neck. then dropped the bombshell. " there may be something wrong mr.lake,i need to get you in so we can perform an exploratory operation,do a biopsy on the tissue.and further tissue may need to be removed." i just sat there. how soon? as soon as possible mr.lake. and,how long will i be in hospital?.well.perhaps just 1 day,maybe 2,3,or more,depending on what we find. the nurse prepared consent forms,and the Dr.wrote out a prescription for Gaviscon,as he wants me to take it every night before i go to bed.it is an antacid,he wanted me to go down to pharmacy and get it there,but after the last time i asked if it was ok if i get it today from my own surgery.and this i did.just wanted to come home. the nurse explained i would have to go for a pre-op assessment,and then the operation will be done as soon as possible.i explained im a 24/7 carer and i just cant come into hospital at 24 hours notice,i need at least 2 weeks warning. so i then went to reception and handed in a booking in form,and was told i am on the waiting list and will hear very soon, and came out. ok,i sneaked a look at that form.its suspected that i have a condition caused by acid reflux.i was checked several years ago as i have a hiatus hernia.when you are asleep acid from your stomach comes back up the oeophagus and causes burns on the lining,which is what causes the hiatus hernia. there is the chance that this can cause oral cancer in later years.and that little word was also mentioned on the booking in form. and is what the biopsy is for of course. i came home in a daze.told mum on phone i needed to go in for an op.and Carol kept with her til i got home.
i have got to get in touch with social workers,carers,etc. so much to sort.it maybe just the one day.please. so,that is my news. good wishes appreciated.prayers if you wish.whatever it is,i will deal as i always deal.one day at a time.as always i will keep you all informed.thanks for being there for me everyone.it is appreciated so much.
LASTLY,CAN I JUST CONDEMN THE AWFUL VIOLENCE,LOOTING,AND RIOTING THIS COUNTRY SAW EARLIER IN THE WEEK.MAY THOSE RESPONSIBLE BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE SOON.and pray that peace will prevail once more.stay safe,take car all,mort

16 comments:

mortonlake said...

its not written to my usual spell checked way,aol froze 3 times writing it.and i got here first Lucy lol.dont worry please,i will be ok xxx

lisa said...

i am praying for you right now. And will continue to pray. God bless you.

lisa

Anonymous said...

Mort I am sending you all the best possible vibes, and my heartfelt hope for the best turn out possible. ~Mary

Rose said...

Praying for you Mort. Such a long journey and I pray God give you some relief soon. The looting is crazy and I was shocked to see it on the tv!

xo

jack69 said...

Thinking of you my friend, hope this is just one of the bumps in the road, before some smooth sailing.
We here are bracing for what ever may come when the budget cuts start to effect folks over here.

Jean said...

Praying for you Mort.I hope everything will turn out good and you will be feeling better soon.Jean

Sue said...

our hearts here Mort go out to you, but for as long as Ive known you, I know your strong and will get through this as you have got through all the rest that has been sent your way. Always here for you Mort,got so much going on here at the moment too but when it quietens down(hoping lol) then we are coming to see you for sure. Lots of Love Mort, take care, and hugs to mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lucy said...

You did beat me Mort but you would not have if My PC was not so screwed up. I had a feeling it was more than another problem with MS. Lets pray and hope that the test will show it as benign Maybe something they can take care of more easily than you think. I have never seen any one so strong in their desire to live, than you, Mort. Not only live but live life as fully as that damn MS will allow. I KNOW what you are going through. I watched Alan hit his legs to try to make them stay still and not have those terrible tremors. You take care Mort and keep us posted as much as you can. I will worry. You hang in there. You just have to be ok. Your USA Mom says so!!!

Kath said...

Hi Mort.Sorry you are having to go through all this and I know well the feeling.I had this about 12yrs ago.GORD:- as it is called.Gastric Osepheugus Reflux Decease.I went in as you are doing and all turned out well.I gave up on the gaviscon.Found losing a little weight helped with the Gord and also sucking a rennie helped me more than the gaviscon,when I had the burning..I pray your investigation proves fruitful and I wish you all the best,try not to worry as I felt also afterwards, much had to do wih me myself being bad at the time with depresssion and I do not think the antidepressants helped,Since coming off these,I have never had no problems at all.Though my voice is not as high pitched as it used to be.Maybe thats with all this Motherhen Clucking I do He-Heeeeee.I hope the comment works as I have had lots of problems of late with blogger.Take Care God Bless Kath Motherhen.xx

Sandisan said...

Since I had my injuries two years ago, I suffer from the acid reflux too, but I found if I sleep high with my head up I don't get as affected and then of course have to watch what I eat..spicy things are out. I sincerely hope that your biopsy comes back negative...hang in there Mort yo9u have a lot of people wishing you well..love Sandi

ADB said...

Mort, I totally understand you're very worried. However, I will go so far as to say: one day at a time, and the demon feared is often worse than the demon confronted. I hope you manage to get everything organised before you go in.
And I couldn't agree more about the violence.

Lisa said...

Mort, my thoughts and prayers are with you, I could not comment yesterday on your journal, thinking of you xxxxxxx Lisa

Herrad said...

Hi Mort,
Thinking of you big hug, love,
Herrad

Ken Riches said...

Good thoughts your way, and here is hoping it is only one day.

krissy knox said...

Mort, I am praying for you. So is my husband John (two time cancer survivor in remission). We will pray hard. Take care of yourself. Try to remain calm. Do as John has always done -- take things one day at a time. Or shall I say one moment at a time. I know this is a real serious time, but if you can be in any way light hearted try, and just love life and have joy. I know, easy for ME to say. just know we are caring about you -- all of your jland friends and even other friends. remember that and take care. God will hold those you love in His hands, and you also. love, and take care, krissy knox

mortonlake said...

some lovely comments from some lovely friends.thankyou.mort xxx