Tuesday 11 August 2009

a few pics to lighten the gloom

good butterfly year,this is only one of about 3 red admirals ive seen though

painted lady with a peacock butterfly on the buddleia davidii "black knight"

self sown sunflower,lol.bird feeders were above it.its full of hover flies in centre


my white hollyhock,quite pleased with this shot



that new boarder i did at start of season has just bloomed and bloomed.





taken few weeks ago,most have gone over now and been removed.did well though





been lovely to see,fuschias were from last year,shant keep them as they show signs of fireblight





my pink water lilly.unfortunately the white one didnt flower this year,i didnt know that water lillies hate moving water until last year,the pump has been turned off to allow them to flower







taken a 1.30 am,in the middle of june.didnt really get dark.nights pulling in fast now though








taken at 10 pm came out pretty well.











feeding frenzy i get every morning when i throw the old cat food sooty has left out.glad you cant hear all the noise lol









greedy devils









well,hope everyone is having a good summer.it is going away fast,soon autumn will be here.nasty thought.i am pleased jane has posted,bless her heart.there is a fighter.take care all,enjoy your gardens and the hot weather.























14 comments:

Beth said...

Lovely pictures, Mort! Hard to believe it's mid-August already. I don't want to think about it! LOL XO Beth

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for the mood brighteners! Lovely garden and pictures of all. Somehow the summer is flying by way too fast. But we still have a little over a month left so we'll just keep that HAPPY thoughts.

Lucy said...

So pretty, I wish I had your green thumb. Just arranged so nicely. Thanks for sharing, Mort. I really like the butterfly one. I don't think it would eat my tomatoes. lol

jack69 said...

Wow, Mort I need another geography lesson. I didnot realize you were that far North. YOu must be around 55 deg Lat. I am going to try to educate my self in a few minutes.
The photos are great. The sunset is outstanding and is what got me to thinking. You certainly have a lot of day light. I remember the cold temps you mentioned last winter, now I am beginning to understand. Thanks for peaking my interest.
But the flowers are beautiful.
We saw our first Moose this trip today.
TAke care,
Jack & Sherry

Lisa said...

Mort, Love your butterfly pictures- very pretty !!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx Lisa

Jeannette said...

Beautiful photos Mort, we only have seen cabbage whites this year,plenty of them believe me. Your flowers are stunning,most of ours have gone over now but considering we had such a naff summer the plants did pretty well.

Sybil said...

what great photo's Mort. Your hanging baskets etc are brilliant and you borders just wonderful.. My fushia's in the haning basket was good but th eleaves have now all kind of funny...must ditch it I think. lots of other flowers are now dying back...as you say Autmun will soon be here and where has the summer gone? I'm still waiting.
Isn't it good that Jane is ready to fight again, if ever there was a strong person it has to be her.
Much Love Sybil xx

Richie said...

Thanks for the garden photos.
I've been in the dumps a bit and not writing or reading much.
I have just caught up with a few blogs and none of them very happy stories so I was so glad to get the pictures- I read the sore heart post- ouch!.
Enjoy the summer
Richie

Funnyface said...

Hello Mortee, fab pictures - you certainly are a bit of a photographer! The borders look wonderul as do all the hanging baskets - are you really having hot weather? my patio tubs are looking properly poorly after the rain has bashed them all....lol...
Big Luv
Jaynee X

Herrad said...

Hi Mort,
Thanks for posting those lovely photos.
Hope you are doing ok.
Love,
Herrad

Lucy said...

Hey Mort, If you feel up to it I would like to pass an award I received today. I received it from Bhavesh Chatbar who has a great blog. All you have to do is pick it up from my blog and link back to my blog or the one who gave it to you, and pass it along to 10 people. My reason for asking you to accept is that you are so very special to me, your grit , your determination, your compassion you have shown me.

Herrad said...

Hi Mort,
Came by to say hello and wish you well.
Hope you are having a good day.
Love,
Herrad

Lori J said...

Hi Morton,
What lovely pictures. I must invest in a camera and get doing my own.
Sending you hugs and love.

ALBERTA Lori

pam said...

Hey my fav other man. How are you? I hope you are okay. Love the pics. They are amazing. Put a smile on my face definately. Now don't fall over but.....I am back!! lol. Wouldn't It be great to have us all back together again?. Love Pam.x