Saturday 1 March 2008

making beds

took  mum out shopping  yesterday,was  good  for   her to  get out  for  couple  hours,   then  home          and   just  in  time,   what  a  night,driving  rain  and  gale force wind. just  kind weather   i  love  to   watch from  comfort of lounge.lol

  been  a  very busy  day,i  had to  repair mums  bed.  i  came   over  bit  dizzy  the  other  week,and  had to  sit  down   on  her  bed  fast.  bit  toooo fast    lol.   very  loud  CRACCCCK                 and  i  sunk  in              bed  has  broke,      so  today  i  decided  to  try and put it right.  took   all the  covering  off top,to  discover   it  was covered in  cardbord                    absolute  rubbish,  wasn't  cheap  either, anyway  its  all  done  now,   and  i  put  lot  more wood to  strengthen  it,and  then  covered  the  whole thing  with  chipboard.       very  strong.            i  even   recovered it,had 2  quilted  throws,and after  bit   cutting,glueing  and  swearing         it looks  great,       

yep          here  they  are            2  best  fed   ducks in  norfolk                             3  times  today  tthey  been back for  food.                 yeah,they  got   it. lol. 

 many  thanks  for  all  the  nice  comments,especially  lucy.        her  comments  on  ms are  from  the  heart,as  she  lost  her  son  through MS.  bless you  lucy,and  to  all  those  nice people out  there.

especially for  lucy,another  shot  of the  flowers,is  spring   soon  coming??

everything growing            whas  betting it  will now  get  cold.  take care all       

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there no end to your talents ? When you said 'making beds 'I thought you meant making beds,not making beds hee heee  Did you buy a Mothers day card ,and what a nice treat for her to be taken out today ,you are a gud un ,another nice picture of George and Mildred  ,Nite nite and God Bless you and Mum ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad your mum got out for a bit, and now gets to sleep on a mended bed...lol
It was wild night with all the wind, i usually sleep through but not last night..lol.
nice pic of the ducks.

Have a good Sunday

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud, sounds like you have some of my kind of luck, Glad you got the bed repaired.  The ducks look very HEALTHY!! lol I have bought me a digital camera my have to get help from you on how to get the blooming thing to work!  It came with a DVD on how to operate it!! lol I may be in over my head!! check with you la ter!!

Randy  

Anonymous said...

Hi Mort, maybe the cold is about over and you can get out and enjoy your pretty ducks and flowers more often.

Anonymous said...

very talented you are to fix your mum's bed; I bet she did enjoy her outing today; those ducks are looking mighty fine

I hope your Sunday is a happy one

betty

Anonymous said...

HI ! I AM A FRIEND OF LUCY'S. AND I LIVE IN ALABAMA LIKE RANDY DOES. I SAW YOU AT LUCYS' KITCHEN. ' SHE SPEAKS SO FONDLY OF YOU. SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOU BECAUSE OF HER DEAR SON THAT SHE LOST. YOU CAN LITERALLY HEAR THE HURT IN HER VOICE WHENVER SHE SPEAKS OF HIM.
OY!  I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ENGLAND. ONLY GERMANY. ITALY AND SPAIN. DID NOT GET TO SEE MUCH OF SPAIN. WE HAD A ONEHOUR LAYOVER WHILE EN ROUTE TO ITALY WITH THE AIRFORCE. JUST LONG ENOUGH TO SHOP FOR A BIT. LOL I BOUGHT 2 BEAUTIFUL SHAWLS.
MY DAUGHTER HAS  IN-LAWS WHO HAVE M.S. THE ONE, TAKES NONI JUICE FOR A NATURAL PAIN RELIEVER.IT IS FRON A TREE OR PLANT THAT GROWS IN HAWAII.SHE IS A DISTRUBUTER FOR IT AS IT IS RATHER EXPENSIVE AND SHE COULD NOT AFFORD IT OTHERWISE.LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET AND SEE IF YOU THINK IT MIGHT HELP. I TAKE 2 CAPSULES A DAY. THE LIGUID IS SO HORRIBLE LOL. I HAVE ACHES AND PAINS BUT NOTHING ON THE LEVEL YOU SPEAK OF. I ALSO TAKE 2 ALOE VERA CAPSULES. I HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETES AND DID NOT DO MUCH GOOD ON THE MEDS. I NOW TREAT MYSELF ON SUPPLEMENTS   AND SPICES AND AM FEELING QUITE GOOD. ALSO APPLY A HUGE DOSE OF PRAYER REGULALRY AND THAT IS THE BEST CURE. LOL I HAVE A JOURNAL OR YOU COULD EMAIL ME. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON THE NONI.  DO YOU WATCH TORTCHWOOD ? I DO ON BBC AMERICA.AND DOCTOR WHO  MY FAVORITE SHOWS.   GOD BLESS, JUNE

Anonymous said...

Hey Mort, glad you got mums bed fixed.  I am glad you can still do things, like that.  Hope that lasts a long time.  Your ducks show up so pretty.  And here I am drooling over your flowers.  It was interesting to be able to picture the area you are in, and hear about your weather.  I think ours is trying to decieve us today cause a wet snow is called for and I just bet we will get it.  I held that beagle dog off for another half hour before feeding him.  That dog lives for food, but I love him.  You take care.  I am always the last to make it into the journals.  It must be about 12 there, noon.

Anonymous said...

Hello my fav other man. Fantastic that you fixed that bed. Now, I have my list of D.I.Y. things needing done here so keep your diary free for a while! lol. On to a more serious question.....What on earth are you feeding those ducks? lol. They look good enough to be entered Into a competition! lol. I can just picture you laying down 2 huge platters every day. lol. Now about those names? Have you decided yet? The flowers are beautiful, I can't wait for some warmer weather.Hope you are feeling happier. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mort! Thanks for the link to come visit. Good for you fixing the bed! What a job. I'd have been swearing, too LOL!
Loved your photos. Those ducks are SO pretty! I see Disneyland ducks all the time and believe me...yours look GOOD!
Nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Well you were right it is most definitely cold now!!  Well done fixing the bed :o)  That's a great piccie of the ducks ~ aren't they lovely??

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife