Monday 11 February 2008

paintbrush

 The following  was  sent  to  me,i have no idea who wrote it,but  i  think it  says  so  much.  i think a lot of us  use that  paintbrush,both on here        and  in  our  everyday lives.          no one    ever  really  sees  the  real  us, unless  we  allow  them  to.

                                THE PAINTBRUSH

   I keep a paintbrush with me,Wherever i  go,   In case i need to cover up,So the real me does not show.

  I am so afraid to show you me,  Afraid of what you'll do, You might laugh    or say  mean things, I'm afraid i might lose you.

I'd like to remove all my paint coats,  To show you the  real,true me,  But i want you to try and understand,  I need  you to accept what you see.

 So if you will be patient,and close your eyes,  I will strip off real slow, Please understand how  much  it hurts,  To let the real me show.

Now all my coats are all stripped  off,  I feel naked,bare,and cold,  And if you still love me,with all that  you see,  You are my friend,pure as gold.

 I need to save my paintbrush though,   And hold it  in my hand, I want to keep it handy,  In case somebody doesn't understand.

  So please protect me,my dear friend,  And thanks for loving me true,  But,please let me keep  my paintbrush,  Until   I   love   me   too.

 

  Trouble  is,so  many  people  hurt  so  much  inside,that  they  cover  it  up.   that's what  friends  are  for             to    share  that  hurt  with.         be  nice  and  love  each  other             take  care  all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Morton, but also you can reveal as much as you like when your amongst friends. hope you had a good weekend, and you mum is ok

Take care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

That is so true ,I think we all have a paint brush, and it is very brave to take away the layers and reveal all ,Some of us are better at covering up than others ,It is only the very confident among us who dont need that paintbrush ,very interesting Mort love to your Mum ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Mort! That was so beautiful I loved It. You are my number 1 J-Land man! lol ;-)
Love Pam xx